Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

My Valley Village Home
You've heard by now. A 5.4 earthquake hit SoCal yesterday at 11:44am. As I worked away on my computer in my room above the garage, the room began to sway and rock accompanied by load rumblings. It took me a few minutes to realize, "IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE!" I quickly looked around for safe refuge. None here, I better run outside. By the time I got downstairs, it was over. Marcela, the nanny, was outside and didn't feel it. I showed her the hanging spoons above the stove, still swaying to convince her something had happened.

I learned a few things from the experience. You can think a million thoughts in 15 seconds. It's only exciting if nothing goes wrong. Cellphones don't work because everyone is calling someone. And, I need earthquake training!

My first California earthquake. . . .

1 comment:

Kayte said...

No kidding! That was my second one and I stood around like a deer in the headlights. Someone at work send around a couple good articles:

Preparedness Kit

Bracing Your Home

But definitely let me know if you learn any other helpful hints!